Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Yorkie Diaries

I've been reading The Yorkie Diaries, compiled by Melissa Sovey. One of the entries deserves comment. Here it is, as posted by Nitro: "I sure wish my blog would catch on. I'm exhausted! I never expected this would be such hard work. I may have to take some time away from this for awhile. In the meantime, I'll be checking back every five minutes for any comments."

Dear Nitro, You didn't give me a link so I have to use MY blog to give you some advice. Don't obsess over it. If you get tired, quit for awhile. Don't waste time checking back. And whatever you do, don't think of it as "hard work." Nitro, my dear boy, hard work is rearranging your bedding. Hard work is upending your water dish if the water isn't fresh. Hard work is chasing kitties out of the backyard. Contemplate that, dear Nitro, and then you'll realize blogging isn't hard work.

My dear fans, try to find this book and read it. It's better than "Cats."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sausha! Melissa Sovey here, author (well, gatherer of entries) of The Yorkie Diaries. Thank you so much for mentioning the book in your blog and I'm glad that you are enjoying it and recommending it to your fans. The book is available through Amazon.com or your local book or gift store... or directly from me at the publisher, Willow Creek Press.

I wish I could pass along Nitro's link but I had to take an oath of strictest confidentiality with all of my Yorkie contributors that I would not share their personal contact information. I was thrilled that they were all willing to share their photos for the book though! Anyway, I do have a message back from Nitro after I forwarded your advice on blogging to him. Here's his reply:

"Sausha, thank you so much for the wise words on not taking my blog so seriously. I'm much better at putting it aside and getting on with other interests in my life now. I'm taking your advise and thinking of it as fun, and saving my "working" time for keeping our yard squirrel-free. I'm also exploring the idea of a joint blogging venture with the other diary authors in Melissa's book. Should we happen to launch this, we'll be inviting other Yorkie writers to contribute and I'll be in touch. Thanks again!"

Well, I'm glad that the two of you connected, and thanks again Sausha!
p.s. if you received this comment multiple times it's because I could use a few lessons from Nitro!

Patricia Burke Johnson said...

My dear Ms. Sovey, your post came through once, exactly as it should have, appeared in the proper place and is being shared with a few of my closest Yorkie friends. We can't tell you how exciting to hear from you.
Please thank Nitro for me -- I am so pleased I could help.
Paws up,
Sausha