Sunday, July 5, 2009

Gone Into the Light

"....Gone into the world of light,
And I alone sit lingering here."
--Henry Vaughan, Ascension Hymn


With great sadness we learned last night that our dear Leo died, valiantly protecting his people from a rattlesnake on Independence Day. Independence describes him. He was also fierce and relentless and more brave than I can describe or fathom.

Bombs went off here all around me and I shook and clung to Mama DiDi all night. Leo would not have been proud of me, but I told myself when the noise stops I will put my paws together for those who loved him and will miss him so much.

And so this morning I went out to the park in the sunshine and thought of falling tears and grieving hearts.

And the famous Welshman, who wrote: "Though lovers be lost love shall not, and Death shall have no dominion."

2 comments:

Lisabongzee ~ Island Dream Life said...

INDEPENDENT he was, and I am so sad to learn that he is gone.

Luv, BryGuy

The Gimp said...

Thank you so much. Sausha. It's only today that I could bear to check what you said.

We are still missing Leo very much here. Always will, I suspect.

Susan