Friday, December 3, 2010

California Casualty

This is not a commentary on anything in our great state; it's our insurance company.  Nice people that they are, they called to hire Mama DiDi to do a small video for a new advertising campaign.  She dressed appropriately in royal blue and set off for the studio.

If I had been able to go, they would not have had to put makeup on me or "do" my hair.  I would have looked fabulous.  Alas, I cannot speak from experience and California Casualty is not MY insurance company.

Mama DiDi could barely speak as it was -- the end of her cold has given her a croaky kind of voice.  When she got home she said she was made up within an inch of her life and her little short hair was teased and smoothed into obedience.

She tried very hard to give them some usable sound bite and finally was successful (they told her) with, "We chose California Casualty because of the price, but we have stayed for the fabulous service."  Or something like that.  If you look at my blog about the kitchen flood this past February, you will see that California Casualty was wonderful to us.  So Mama DiDi was completely sincere.

No comments: