Thursday, December 23, 2010

Our Sudden Loss

My dear cousin Rocco was helped to the Rainbow Bridge today.   He was just a pup for heaven's sake, only 7 years old.

I am so sorry I snubbed him and teased him and bared my teeth at him. in later meetings, I tolerated him because he was really very gentle and sweet.  I last saw him looking well in Calistoga on Thanksgiving Day.

They showed great compassion in allowing him to go -- he was in pain and couldn't come home from the veterinary hospital -- they recognized that it would not be a good life for him unless he could be home to run and play.

Mama DiDi came home crying -- she had  been there too.  Auntie Tracey was there as well.  She was the one who met Rocco first and saved him from a lonely life with no companions.

But mostly I felt sad for Uncle Patrick who could not be with Rocco because of his leg injury and for Auntie Teresa whose love for Rocco helped her make the right decision.



No comments: