Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Heat Wave


To my dear friend Leo and his Gamma Wolf -- I don't know what medium Miss Sherry Berry uses for her effects, but I have a suspicion it has something to do with Paint Shop Pro or something of the sort. She has other talents too. She makes nice tags and her Yorkie Savannah figures in them often.



You might all notice this picture of me taken by my friend Jan who visited with us while we were vacationing in Fort Bragg, California. I thought it was a good likeness. Ahem.



My dear fans all, it is HOT here. You have no idea how hot it is. I lie supine so any vagrant breeze from the air conditioner will cool off my pink tummy.

Today I reverted to one of my old tricks. I don't know why I did it, but it seemed like the thing to do. A man from the Electrical Company came to put a surge protector on our meter. When he banged on the outside of the house, I was frightened. I sought comfort from Mama DiDi at first, but she forgot me when she heard him say he's finished, and I melted away.


Mama DiDi looks for me. I hear her calling indoors and out; I hear her open doors and close them. She gets down and looks under the bed where I usually am. She looks under and behind everything possible. She searches for me in the backyard. Even though there is no way I could have gotten out the front door, she goes out and looks around anyway. I hear the panic in her voice but I can't move. I hear her say, "Sausha, PLEASE come out! Please come out." She has looked everywhere, but then she goes into Daddy Moose's bathroom (where she has looked before, even behind the door) and one more step this time reveals me plastered to the commode in the most clever way so she couldn't see me when she looked the first time.

She laughs, she cries. My dears, I offered her some Rescue Remedy for her temples and now she is taking a nap.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely work!! Of course my vision isn't my strong suit.

Do you think you could persuade Ms. Berry to do something in scents? I realize it wouldn't transmit well over the internet, but a first-hand experience could be quite rewarding.

Except that I'd probably lift my leg on it. Oh well. Is this what they mean by "participatory art"? I think we may be on the verge of a whole breakthrough in art here.

It's hot as an oven here, and the Brittany and I are lying in the shade panting. I tried to maneuver myself into staying indoors all day, but Gamma caught onto me and dumped me outside. (Some kind of behavior for a subordinate!! She clearly needs a lesson in who's who in the pack!! I snarled at her this morning, but she ignored me!!) Gamma has the crazy idea that I shouldn't poop in the house. Imagine.

Whose house does she think this is anyway???

Anonymous said...

Patricia, I was not able to get my yahoo to work but I did get your beautiful poppy picture that I will use in my next moment of inspiration. Glad you like the Dogwoods...they are beautiful trees and a great shot you took. Hopefully I will get back to me messages soon.
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Didi, you must have been beside yourself. naughty little Sausha!