Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day

Eagle
Wishing everyone a very Happy 4th of July. Be careful and have fun.

If you want a hearty laugh today, be sure to see my friend Mary-Margaret O'Brien's Blog.
http://mary-margaretsdiary.blogspot.com/


To my dear pal Leo, somehow I did not keep up with a few of your comments, but they are posted now. I am really sorry. I thought I had this all figured out, but still have a lot to learn. I certainly wouldn't want you to think I was putting the snub on you. 

To dear Cousin Shadow, I hope everything feels all better now and you no longer have a sore mouth.
I shall sleep now. Woof in red, white and blue.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, they ran us up north for an eight-hour drive in a jeep ultimately to their cabin in the middle of the wilderness. I loathed the trip (both ways - it was 105 degrees today for most of the drive) but of course I adore being there.

A good thing I was there, too. No one but me realized that there was a mouse in the indoors woodpile!! Imagine. Are they nose-dead? Well of course I barked and barked until they took the entire woodpile apart, log by log, and then they stacked the whole thing outside to shut me up.

I'm proud to say that I constantly patrolled the entire area around the cabin (to say nothing of the entire 80 acres of mountainside), left My Mark on every available tree and rock, and doubtless frightened off any amount of vermin.

A very good weekend. I'd rather be there than here. Sausha, I can only hope you had half as much fun.