Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rosemont Park


Today in our park, which is constantly being overwatered, a man heard Mama DiDi calling me.
"Sausha, come here, get out of the mud, don't twist your leash around the post. Sausha, we're going this way."

The man stopped and pointed toward me. "Russian name, Sacha, small name of Alexander."

"Yes," Mama DiDi fibbed, remembering my dialogue with dear Leo. "In fact, Sausha was named after Count Tolstoy's daughter, Alexandra."

The man smiled broadly. "My name Nikolai." Mama DiDi introduced herself and my aunt Nita. And quickly Nikolai, Mama DiDi, Nita, and my friends Jose and Misty, and I all leaped out of the way of the constant sprinklers.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

We're very special, you and I, Sausha. It is only fitting that we are named after some very special human beings.

Where are they getting all this water? Gamma Wolf says we're in a "drought," which I gather means we don't have enough water.

Patricia Burke Johnson said...

We have a Gadfly friend who walks his pony-sized dog in the same park. He is disgusted by the waste and has complained to everyone by phone and email, including the County supervisor. When he emailed the water company, the first reply thanked him and said they would look into it. (Ah, the life of the bureaucrat.)
Several weeks later, he emailed again and the reply stated, "We aren't concerned because this is not a dry year."
No names, but this is an ignorant functionary for sure or a short-timer.