Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Teresa

Today is my auntie Teresa's birthday. She is not as old as I am in doggie years but she is still my aunt. Mama DiDi is planning something but won't tell me what.

Yesterday, Mama DiDi received a Mother's Day card that I arranged to have sent by my dear friend in Guelph, Ontario: Donna. I called her Yorkie Summer on the steam iron and told her what I wanted to tell Mama DiDi for our second Mother's Day together. (Donna also helped me send one last year.) They got it exactly right: "You know the times I stare into your eyes and you think I'm trying to tell you something? I am. I'm telling you how much I love you for giving me such a wonderful home, good food, toys, blankets and walks but most of all I'm thanking you for loving me." My mom had tears in her eyes when she read it.

Enough of that. This morning I asserted myself again. I barked my head off in the backyard at 6 a.m. My inspiration is Weederman, who famously said, "I bark, therefore I am." or maybe it was, "I bark, therefore they KNOW I am!"

Have a beautiful Wednesday, my dear fans.

No comments: