Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's May

My name is Sausha Angel Johnson -- I am a purebred Yorkshire Terrier. Of that I am sure. 

I'm picky about those I live with.  I did have a very nice home at one time, but we won't go into all that now. It wasn't their fault; they HAD to give me up because I was becoming very sick. I am very stoic and can tolerate great pain, but the first few days in the County pound were not to my liking at all.

Beverly came and got me, and I went to Benicia to live with her. She loved me so much. But she needed room to rescue more dogs. Furthermore, she was so intuitive that she knew I would much prefer a little home with no other animals. 

It was December 16th, 2006, when I went to live with Daddy Moose and Mama DiDi. Beverly and Victor took me to Sacramento in their car. I liked the house immediately. White with a red roof, tasteful. I turned into the driveway and then heard my name. The door opened and I trotted right inside with certainty that I belonged here.


Oh, my dears!!  My poor nose. There was much to see and smell and do. I wasn't sure I would like it because I could tell two other dogs had lived there for years -- males yet. Where were they now? I was very, very suspicious. I barely glanced at the two humans who were there to greet me.
My life had now taken a different direction and as Beverly said goodbye to me with tears in her eyes and begged me not to kiss her (I never kiss), I knew I might never see her again. 

No comments: