Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day and Other Silliness

We aren't too happy celebrating Memorial Day on the 26th of May. The great American search for the three-day weekend is getting out of hand. Why don't they just name every Monday a paid day off work? That's what I would do if I were Yorkie-in-Chief.

I am glad though to see there are parades honoring our men and women who wear the uniform. We salute all our war heroes, the ones who didn't make it back home and the ones who have died since returning home. This includes all of our canine war heroes. I am thinking today of Smoky, the tiny Yorkshire Terrier who did so much to help the cause during the War in the Pacific.

Now for the silliness:
Mama DiDi had a 10% off coupon for a Hallmark store and Daddy Moose had a 10% coupon for a hardware and garden store which was expiring today. As soon as they left, I went out to look around and saw Daddy Moose's OSH coupon -- he'd forgotten it.

When they got back they told me that the Hallmark store was closed for the holiday, but I didn't get to laugh because OSH had given Daddy Moose 10% off his purchases anyway. Nice people. OSH stands for Orchard Supply & Hardware and I hear they are very friendly and helpful. Mama DiDi says it's true.

Happy Memorial Day to you all,my dear fans.

No comments: